Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Why Christ: a question of love

We are loving the feedback, and continued discussion on the "Why Christ" post last week. So much so that I thought it would be cool to highlight a really good question someone asked. There are other questions and comments which were amazing on the "Why Christ" post, and while we can't address all of them in new posts, I encourage all of you to check them out and chime in. CLICK HERE if you would like to check out more comments on "Why Christ".


Great Question:
"If love is universal couldn't people of all religions be experiencing the same love 'Christians' do, but just have mis-interpreted the origin?"

My Lowly Response:
Good question, I guess it depends on the premises of your question. What exactly does “universal love” mean or look like? I think that you would get different answers depending on your perspective and religion.

Now, from a “Christian” perspective, I can tell you that I believe God’s love is real, holds no boundaries, transcends culture and race, and, among many other things, is not conditional on works. This love that “Christians” speak of, is the love in which Jesus Christ gave his life up sacrificially for all people.

I am certain that many people have seen acts of Christ’s love through many different kinds of amazing acts, done for many ordinary and different people. But I believe these are acts of love, and not the actual source of love which “Christians” hold onto. (The source of love being a relationship with God)

So to answer your question: sure, many people have experienced acts of love. But I believe that to fully experience God’s love, one must have a relationship with God.

And if you want to know what a relationship with God is all about, or a “Christian” perspective on a relationship with God, I would love to share that with you. Perhaps those of us at R.O.A.R. could even write a post about it?


thoughts, comments, responses, views? please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment